There is a big difference between working from home and working in a shared office. Which of the two work set up helps you more in productivity? In this article, conference room rental provider 191 Works discusses the difference between co-working and working from home.
In a shared co-working office arrangement, you will be meeting with your officemates. In general, you need to travel for work, this means you also need to prepare to go out. Interactions and meetings would be in person. The following are the pros and cons of co-working:
- When you’re not alone working and you’re surrounded by other workers, your sense of motivation can improve.
- It’s easier to hold a meeting and gather everyone for an announcement.
- You can share ideas and brainstorm easily too. Collaborating with your co-workers is more efficient when they can be approached nearby.
- With everyone in the co-working space, you have to be careful and make sure to practice safety protocols. When you’re at home, you are only responsible for yourself but with your co-workers, it’s now a shared responsibility.
- For small companies, an appropriate working space can be a challenge. You need to accommodate each employee and give them space to work at. Fortunately, there are hourly office rental providers you can contact.
Work from Home
Working from home seems so much easier. You’re only responsible for yourself and you are inside the comfort of your own home. Here are the pros and cons of working from home:
- At home, you’re less exposed to harmful elements. You’re comfortable and you feel safe. You don’t have to worry about traveling and dealing with adverse weather events.
- You also have more hours for yourself with the time you save from traveling to work and getting back home.
- Working from home can also give you more flexible working hours.
- If you live with family members, you need to set up boundaries for you to be able to concentrate on your work.
- You can also be interrupted when you don’t have a working space. If you’re working from home, a dedicated working desk can improve your productivity.
For professional office management services, trust 191 Works. We offer physical meeting room rentals and virtual office solutions. Call us at (203) 221-2600 or fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment.